Chakras are the circular or flower petal-shaped vortexes of energy that lie across seven different points on the spinal column. The seven chakras are connected to different glands and organs in the body and are responsible for the uniform d...
PLEASE LOGIN WITH FACEBOOK TO READ THIS ARTICLE
Chakras are the circular or flower petal-shaped vortexes of energy that lie across seven different points on the spinal column. The seven chakras are connected to different glands and organs in the body and are responsible for the uniform distribution of Chi which is also known as Qi, Prana or life energy through them. When there is any sort of imbalance in one of the Chakras a person may feel drained or imbalanced. Chakras are the storage centers of energy in the body. They connect and reflect with the outer world.
The Different Chakra Colors and Their Meanings
1. Crown Chakra. Violet, purple or white. Relates to thought. Located at the very top of the head. The crown chakra is connected with the pituitary gland, central nervous system, and the brain and head region. The balanced crown chakra is associated with open-mindedness inspiration and spiritual connection. It is concerned with thought, acceptance, understanding, and bliss. This chakra is the place of connection to God. Blockage can manifest as psychological problems. Crystals: Clear Quartz and Moonstone.
2. Brow/Third Eye Chakra. Purple or indigo. The center of knowing, and light. Located on the forehead between the eyes. The brow chakra is connected to the pineal or pituitary gland. When balanced, it allows imagination, intuition, insight and vision to be present. When well-balanced you may have telepathic abilities. Blockages may lead to nightmares, migraines and lack of vision. Crystals: Amethyst and Lapis.
3. Throat Chakra. Turquoise. The throat chakra is connected to sound, communication and to listen. Located in the throat area. When balanced it allows creativity, communication, honesty and self-expression. When balanced, people can meditate well and use their energy artistically and efficiently. Signs of blockages can include a sore throat, lack of creativity and indecision. Crystals: Aquamarine and Turquoise.
4. Heart Chakra. Green and pink. Air element. Located in the center of chest just above the heart. The heart chakra influences relationships and is connected to the thymus and lymph. When balanced, compassion, forgiveness and understanding are present. When the heart chakra is unbalanced, it is responsible for sabotaging relationships through anger, distrust, and envy, and heart-related issues. Crystals: Malachite and Rose Quartz.
5. Solar Plexus Chakra. Yellow. Fire element. Located in the upper abdomen in the stomach area. The solar plexus chakra is connected to the adrenal glands. It is associated with your sense of sight. It is considered the personal power chakra and is responsible for both personal and professional success. When balanced, you will feel cheerful, confident, empowered, energetic and warm. Signs of blockages may show as anger, powerlessness, and stomach issues. Crystals: Citrine and Tigers Eye.
6. Sacral Chakra. Orange. Water element. Located in the lower abdomen, just below the navel. The sacral chakra is connected to the lymphatic system, female reproductive organs, large intestine, pelvis, and bladder. When balanced, you will feel social, spontaneous, passionate and trusting. It is associated with the sense of taste. When unbalanced there may be a lack of spontaneity, rigid beliefs and sexual issues. Crystals: Amber and Carnelian.
7. Root Chakra. Red or black. Earth element. Located at the base of the spine in the tailbone area. The root chakra is connected to the gonads, sense of smell, physical strength and sexuality. It impacts survival instincts and the human flight or fight response when faced with danger. When balanced, you will feel grounded, balanced, patient and safe. Signs of blockages may show as addictions, money issues, and low self-esteem. Crystals: Obsidian and Red Jasper.
Once you are aware of the 7 Chakras and their chakra colors, you can consider the methods of awakening and strengthening these areas to help balance all areas of your life. Doing this can help you be both mentally and physically fit, and also improve both your financial and professional lives.